Are you suffering from pain and/or stiffness in the neck? Chiropractic care is an effective treatment for back and neck pain and other musculoskeletal issues.
It is common to treat neck pain with a ice pack and/or stretches, but sometimes more severe pain or the inability to turn your neck past your shoulder can mean a chiropractic visit may be necessary. Here are signs that will tell you need to see a chiropractor.
- Neck pain or stiff doesn’t go away after a few days.
- You can not turn your neck without feeling pain.
- You are using pain relief drugs on a regular basis.
- Your instincts are telling you there is a serious cause to the pain.
- Neck pain has led to numbness or tingling in your hands or wrists.
- Neck pain as a result from a card accident.
- Neck pain is worse in the mornings.
A chiropractor will examine your neck and spine and ask questions to diagnose your problem. A treatment program will be tailored for your specific condition. For example, a neck adjustment is a common treatment for neck pain and focuses on re-aligning your vertebra and restoring motion in your neck. Neck stretches are recommended to loosen stiff muscles.
Causes of neck pain can be:
- A pinched nerve
- Poor posture
- Bad sleeping habits as sleeping on your stomach or bad pillow
- Putting your neck in awkward positions for long time periods
You can prevent neck pain by:
- Practicing good posture
- Keeping your computer monitor at eye level
- Using a firm pillow
- Sleeping on your side or back
- Take steps to relieve stress
- Regular exercise
- Take micro-breaks if you have a desk job
At Advanced Chiropractic Rehabilitation we do more than just effectively treat neck pain. We give you options for healthy living. Schedule a consultation today!